We are the oldest community service organization in the area, its charter dating back almost 70 years. The first organizational meeting was held in Andalusia on January 29, 1948. The first charter night was held for new officers at the Poquessing Country Club in Phila. on April 29, 1948.
The Tacony Mayfair Lions Club sponsored our club. There were 19 charter members and the club was named the Andalusia Lions Club. In an effort to attract more members, on April 26, 1951 the name was changed to the Lower Bucks Lions Club. Because of the rapid growth of the Delaware Valley and the other clubs in the Lower Bucks area, the name was changed again on September 25, 1963 to reflect only our township and was named the Bensalem Lions Club.
Today, as we have in the past, members of the Bensalem Lions Club volunteer their time to perform a variety of community services. We take an active interest in the civic, cultural, social, and moral welfare of Bensalem. Often, we reach many people outside the township and state, including national affiliations and cooperative projects.